Need some advice on caring for your T-Shirts? Check out this great T-Shirt care instructions tutorial!
Washing Tips for Protecting Your New Digitally Printed T-Shirt from Unnecessary Fading, Cracking & Wear
Everyone is happy and excited when they receive their new digitally printed T-Shirt in the mail or when they pick it up from a local screen printing place. As time move on, we sometimes get lazy and spill food and drink on it, crawl into dirty places and sweat all over it. You need to clean it before you next big night out but, if handled unchecked, the T-Shirt looks faded and/or cracked before you know it. What can you do about that? Try to follow these few simple steps and get more life out of that favorite funny graphic T-Shirt you love so much!
Steps to Prolonging the Life of Your Favorite Graphic T-Shirt
- Wash the shirt inside out in cold water
- Wash with like colors
- Avoid bleach if at all possible
- Treat stains immediately
- Rub liquid detergent into stains to break them up before washing
- Tumble dry on low heat or air dry
- Hang screen printed T-Shirts on hanger or fold so that print is flat (not folded over on print)
- Iron inside out on low heat (if necessary)
- For hats, hand wash only… Avoid getting the bill of the hat wet
- Don’t swim in raw sewage with your T-Shirt, actually never do that… Ever.
- Always have a backup! If you love that shirt so much, have a second one on hand!